Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why my blog currently sucks!

So I started this blog thinking that I needed to start writing more. This I hoped would lead to thinking more and being more motivated in my professional growth. I also hoped this blog would inspire me.

I think my timing is bad.

So far I've had this post for several weeks, yet I barely have 5 decent entries.

My timing is certainly bad.

It isn't that I don't have anything to write about and it isn't that I'm unmotivated or not interested in continuing this blog. I just don't have time right now. Very key sentence.

I just don't have time right now.
Well, any determined person would tell me to make time. And I agree. I can make time for the gym, for sleeping, for seeing friends. So why can't I make time for this blog?

Well, instead of rambling off my excuses I'll explain something. Time is like money. You can only budget so many different things before you realize you don't have enough money for everything.
Here's an example. Say you have $5 and you were in a candy store. Now say you wanted to try 6 things, and you really really wanted to try all of them. They all looked enticing and delicious. But here's the catch, each thing or piece of candy is $1. You have to spend at least $1 on each piece. So you have to pick and choose. You can't have it all.
Another example. Your in an art gallery and you only have 30 minutes. There are 4 exhibits, each takes 10 minutes. Since you absolutely love all the exhibits and you want to check them all out, you either have to speed through all of them and not really enjoy any of the exhibits or you have to pick which three you will go to and thoroughly enjoy instead.

This is the dilemna I'm having. Only this isn't just applying to my blog. This also applies to my entire life. Even though I want to go to the gym 4 days a week I settle for at least 3 days and hope I find time for another day somewhere. I want to start practicing my clarinet several times a week but time doesn't really permit me to. I would love, absolutely love to get eight hours of sleep a night. That NEVER happens. Last night I got five hours. Five hours! And I still didn't get everything done.

So back to the subject at hand, I'm not trying to make my blog suck. The stresses of everyday life are overwhelming at the moment and as soon as I figure out a better routine for my life, my posts will either remain in my head or be very short and maybe not that great.

I've heard the phrase 'patience is a virtue'. Which it honestly is. Keep this in mind when it comes to this blog. Some of the greatest things in life take the longest to accomplish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment