Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome to My Site

First and foremost, I apologize for the immediate lack of detail and direction on my blog page.  I came up with the idea today while I was waiting to leave work.  Which, is also what this blog will be circling around.  

Here's my story:

At the age of fifteen I had high hopes to one day become a famous clarinet player and be able to travel the world performing professionally.  During college I struggled with the idea of giving that up and teaching instead.  This was dramatically changed when I auditioned for the National Wind Ensemble, and got in!  After performing in Carnegie Hall at the age of 20 I decided I was not a teacher afterall and began my pursuit for a professional performing career.  At the beginning of my Senior year in College, I developed tendinitis in my arms.  This was the beginning of the end of my music career.  
Since I could no longer go to Graduate School and pursuit my hopes and dreams, I graduated college and went home.  I landed an administrative job at an amazing company and have been working there ever since, all the while still struggling with tendinitis. 
So how did I end up writing on this newly created blog?  Well, I came across a website called Brazen Careerist and thus began my desire to write my thoughts down for others to read.  I then developed my '5-year career plan' aka my desire to one day to assist the President of a Company.   In deciding this, I had no idea how hard it would be to gain the expertise and knowledge to obtain this goal.  So, I came up with a website to directly help younger admins develop their skills to one day be promoted.  

I must admit, I really have no idea what I'm doing.  But here is what I know;  this industry is based mostly on experience, and if I can share my experiences, than my followers can gain some insight and direction for their budding careers.  From there, this site will become a resource.  Hopefully a good one at that.

Sit back and enjoy, at least read any of the other blogs I've posted since this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment