Monday, May 10, 2010

Finally, a car I can appreciate!

After writing the title of this post, I have to say it isn't entirely accurate.

I appreciated that my Mazda started no matter how cold it was outside in the middle of winter.  I appreciated that it got be from point A to point B safely each and every day..

I did not appreciate that half the speakers didn't work, I was missing a side mirror (luckily I didn't hit a single thing while driving the car), the ceiling leaked on the passenger seat when it rained (and also on my feet), the lights weren't very bright so driving in the middle of nowhere always gave me white knuckles and left me scared to death of hitting a crazy animal.  The exhaust was so loud I would get a headache if I drove on the interstate too long. The volume button didn't work on the stereo, if I tried to turn the music up, the volume went really low and vis-versa.  It was ugly-the ceiling is torn a little, the bondo applied to it was cracking and rusting and my stepdad backed into the driver side fender last summer leaving a giant dent and scratch marks.  It smells a little odd-probably from all the rain that gets inside and then dries in the heat after, just like a sauna.

My Mazda was not pretty, I did not enjoy driving it and I spent a year and a half dreaming about buying a new car (but only 6 months were spent saving for it!-I had issues with always spending my money..).


I am pleased to announce that I have a new vehicle.  It is my new favorite thing and I hope it never changes in condition or beauty.
2006 VW Jetta GLI

It has everything I dreamed about in my new car. Love it!


Does anyone want a 1997 Mazda 626?? Runs great with minor cosmetic damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment